The government of the United Republic has issued new travel guidelines in order to control spreading of covid-19 infections.
- All arriving travelers entering the United Republic of Tanzania are required to present a negative Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test carried out within 72 hours before arrival;
- All arriving travellers entering the United Republic of Tanzania will be subjected to enhanced screening for COVID-19 infection including a Rapid Test, the cost of which is USD 25 per person per test;
- All travellers entering the United Republic of Tanzania are required to complete a Traveller Surveillance Form via afyamsafiri.moh.go.tz within 24 hours before arrival in Tanzania. Travellers will receive a confirmation code, including a Unique Health Code, to be presented during primary screening upon arrival in Tanzania;
- Travellers arriving in Tanzania following a transit period of longer than 72 hours, will be subjected to a Rapid Test upon arrival at a cost of USD 25 per person per test;
- Due to the current situation of COVID-19 in India, all flights to and from India are banned until further notice;
- All travellers arriving from India, or those who have travelled through India in the last 14 days regardless of the route taken, shall be subjected to a Rapid Test upon arrival in Tanzania at a cost of USD 25 per person per test, followed by stringent contact tracing and 14 days mandatory quarantine at their own cost. The mandatory quarantine location can be selected by the traveller, from the list provided at moh.go.tz/en
- Travellers arriving in Tanzania from all other countries are not required to quarantine;
- All travellers entering the United Republic of Tanzania will undergo temperature screening upon arrival and must complete a Health Declaration form to be submitted upon entry;
- Upon arrival, all travellers will be provided with health information cards with toll-free numbers and advised to self-monitor themselves for symptoms and signs. In the case that the traveller develops COVID-19, they will be tested and treated at designated health facilities at their own cost;
- Requirements for travellers departing Tanzania will be in line with the requirements issued by the travellers’ respective airline or destination country. COVID-19 PCR testing is currently available as follows, with payments made directly by travellers;
- Serengeti Seronera (availability depending on the guest’s location and logistics), USD 150 per person per test, test results available between 48 and 72 hours of sample collection;
- Karatu, USD 100 per person per test and USD 15 per person per test (payable directly in cash), test results available between 48 and 72 hours of sample collection;
- Arusha, USD 100 per person per test, test results available between 48 and 72 hours of sample collection; or
- Zanzibar, USD 120 per person per test, test results available between 48 and 72 hours of sample collection
- Please note that the current government advice is for travellers to undergo COVID-19 testing a minimum of 5 days prior to departure (depending on the specific airline and destination country requirements) to ensure adequate time is allowed for test results to be received;
- Face masks are to be worn by all people at all times in public places; and
- Social distancing of 1.5m apart is required at all times.
It is advisable to carry USD cash to make payment for the Rapid Test on arrival. The cost is USD 25 per person per test.